QuickBooks Setup for the Arizona Small Business Owner
QuickBooks is designed for use by individuals without accounting backgrounds, but the initial setup and installation must be done correctly for future accounting information to be accurate. The information necessary to configure manual accounting records is also crucial to set up and install QuickBooks. The task is made even more complicated if a small business owner switches from a manual accounting operation to QuickBooks mid-year.
Here are questions you need to ask before you jump into QuickBooks:
- Which accounting method will you use?
- What chart of accounts do you need for your business?
- How do you handle your beginning balances?
If you don’t know the answer to these questions, you will need to contact an accounting professional to complete the initial set up and installation process. In addition to this, your accounting employees will need to receive training on the accounting software to not only enhance their performance and understanding but to learn the nuances of the QuickBooks accounting software.
Bear in mind that the implementation of any accounting software program requires installation and training and these steps take time away from the management of your small business. Here is a short list of the services that the accounting professionals at BASC Expertise provide for your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs
- Recommend software and hardware requirements
- Install software, design and set up your charge of accounts and your small business’s entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable and more
- Determination of your QuickBooks starting date
- Loading your chart of account and balances as of the chosen starting date
- Preparation of a list of items that you sell to your clients. This list includes services, inventory parts, non-inventory parts, other charges and sales tax information
- Entering your small business’s outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date
- Entering your ending-statement bank balances and outstanding checks and deposits in-transit as of your starting date
- Printing a trial balance as of the chosen starting date and comparing it to your trial balance from your former accounting system
- Entering transactions undertaken since your starting date into QuickBooks
- Train client or client staff in the use of the software so they can properly update and maintain accounting, management and tax needs.
Ongoing Accounting Support Services available from BASC Expertise include:
- Follow-up training to ensure you’re “on the right track”
- Monthly, quarterly, or annual review of client QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and preparation of management reports
Because, as a small business owner, you always need to keep an eye on the bottom line you’re probably wondering just how much all of this is going to cost. First, the accounting professionals at BASC Expertise will need to gather information about your business before quoting an exact price. Rest assured, though, we work with many Arizona small business owners and our rates are designed to fit the budgets of our clients.